Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The day has finally arrived!!!!!!!!

We have been waiting all summer for our driveway to be paved. We had talked to Nielsen's during the spring about having this project done for us. At first we thought about cleaning out the driveway ourselves and saving some money but as we began to remove the dirt it became clear that unless we had the equipment, it would become next to impossible. To make a long story shorter Paul called them and asked them to just do everything. It has taken them months to get to us. They finished cleaning it out last week and put a basecoat of dirt down that was very fine and tracked into the house. We didn't want to drive on it so we have been parking our Jeeps in the back yard thinking that it would be only a couple of days. It has been a week and a miracle finally happened today. I came home from work to find it all finished. We both love it and to think that when we do receive the snow, it will be a lot easier to clean off, especially with the snow plow that we will get with Dad's four-wheeler. I still can't believe that it is finished!!!!!!


The mess we had to deal with



The base coat they put down last week

Our finished driveway

Also I thought I would post a few pictures of Kyler, Lexie, and Ashton on Halloween. I still feel bad about not making the kids costumes this year but with everything that has happened, it was for the best. I know that Cyrena has posted pictures of Bauer/Tigger and I hope you will be able to check out Kassy's blog to see Josh as Curious George.Kyler was a dinosaur, Lexie was Tinkerbell and Ashton a brave knight.

1 comment:

Grimm Family blog said...

LOOKS GREAT!
Now you just need the garage painted by someone other than your daughter and a new garage door! Ta Da! they even got it finished before the snow fell. Congrats! No but really you need to paint the garage.