I will try this again. You will have to bear with me because I'm still trying to learn about blogging.
Paul and I had another great weekend spent with our children and grandchildren. Friday night we spent at Mike and Kassy's being able to play with the boys and watching the older kids play "Rock Band" until midnight. I have always loved watching Mark play the drums and now I can add Mike. They had a lot of fun with Kassy and Tara doing very well with the lyrics. Even Josh got in on a couple of the songs. On Saturday Paul and I were able to attend the temple with our niece Courtney and her future husband Kyle as they received their endowments. The session was very large but it was awesome because of all those receiving their endowments. How I love going to the temple and I need to do more of this. We wanted to stay longer so that we could play more with Josh and Alex but we needed to get back home to help celebrate Lexie's third birthday.
She was so excited when we arrived at their home in Wellington. She made sure that we knew it was her birthday. She loved showing me the presents her Grandma GG had given her and we had fun dressing her baby, feeding her baby and just playing. Kyler and Ashton were able to play when the balloons came out, especially the punching balls. I guess I kept them busy while the other cooked her birthday dinner, blue pancakes, bacon, sausage, eggs, and green salad with crunchy bread. It was a strange meal but we all loved it.
Lexie loved the new clothes that she received and she had to put them all on to model for us. When I say all, I mean all of them at the same time, layered on top of each other. She loves the new baby that her parents gave her. She is going to make the best mother in the world as she made sure the baby had been fed, burped, and quieted down to sleep. Lexie is growing up very fast now and we can even understand her most of the time. She has been talking a lot for the past year but we couldn't understand. Now she is forming her words better. She keeps reminding us that she is a big girl by going to the potty and throwing her binkie away. She loves doing what Kyler does and she making sure that Ashton is taken care of.
How we love our beautiful pretty princess!!
2 comments:
Sandra, working with students I realize that we weren't any meaner to anyone than any other kids were. I think it is just an age thing.
The funeral was very nice and the speakers all commented on how Collen is now at peace. She can now find the joy that she needs. Debbie has family obligations like you did, and she also felt so sad about not being there. I sat by Dixie and Roma was there. Kelly Jones Olsen was also there, as well as Geraldine Scoville which I thought was very nice. I don't know who else was behind us, but I didn't see anyone else after the funeral. But the funeral was very nice. Marlene and the brothers all commented on how nice it was for us to send flowers. There weren't too many flowers, so I know it was very much appreciated.
President Curtis was there but somewhat confused, as usual. But when I approached him and said "I am Lori" he said "Yes, and you live up the street from us a little ways. I know you!" So he did recognize me and associate who I am, and that I am Colleen's friend. I was so glad that he knew I was her friend and that I was there. I still find myself thinking of our times together, all the times Colleen and I would call each other when we were young. It is still unreal. Hope we don't lose any others for a while.
Sandra, we had so much fun with your kids this weekend and Errol is still on a high from having so much fun!!! We love you guys and I'm glad that you have a blog!!! Hope to see you again soon!!!
Lots of love
Post a Comment