Also I would like to send out a huge congratulations to Michael. Yesterday was his big day. He took his three hour exam to receive his MRI Tech certificate. He has been worried about this all summer and Michael didn't need to worry. He passed this test and is officially finished with school. That is until he decides that he needs more stress in his life. We are so proud of him but then like I told him yesterday we are proud of him no matter what.
Sunday, August 31, 2008
Time spent together
Over the past couple of summers, since we purchased our four-wheeler Paul and I have gone out on several rides. Enjoying the mountains or the desert and the beauty that God has created for us. This summer has been the exception. Not because the desire hasn't been there, it just seems like every weekend we schedule to go something comes up. We have good friends that we like to go with but sometimes our schedules don't match up. Yesterday Paul and I decided that no matter what we were going to go. We did have to go alone but that isn't so bad. We haven't had alone time very much this whole summer. So to end the summer we got out, enjoyed each other, the beauty, just relaxing, and forgetting about everything that needs to be done. Our ride took us up past Joe's Valley, Grassy, and Jewkes Lake. As we past this pond I couldn't help but remember all the camping trips I enjoyed as a little girl. Riding past where the old family cabins once stood. Dad loved telling us stories of when he was a little boy spending the summer in the mountains logging. At one time there was a saw dust pile so big that it was fun to jump into. All of that has decayed and gone the way of the world. The past is gone from this area. I don't even think we could find one tadpole or baby frog. Of course Paul and I didn't even try. We continued on to the skyline drive. There are a few remaining snow banks on top. Even though they are very small. We dropped down to Pete's Hole and again remember all the fishing trips and the many times that Paul and Lydell tried to be the first ones to break into Pete's Hole. In fact one time one of them broke an universal joint in their truck and we had to walk off the white dugway. This was also my Grandpa Bell's favorite place to fish. The lake is still full which is usual for this time of the year. Several people were out enjoying fishing with their families. We had a great day and Paul even got a very rare picture of the two of us enjoying our lunch on top of the world as Paul liked to say.
Also I would like to send out a huge congratulations to Michael. Yesterday was his big day. He took his three hour exam to receive his MRI Tech certificate. He has been worried about this all summer and Michael didn't need to worry. He passed this test and is officially finished with school. That is until he decides that he needs more stress in his life. We are so proud of him but then like I told him yesterday we are proud of him no matter what.
Also I would like to send out a huge congratulations to Michael. Yesterday was his big day. He took his three hour exam to receive his MRI Tech certificate. He has been worried about this all summer and Michael didn't need to worry. He passed this test and is officially finished with school. That is until he decides that he needs more stress in his life. We are so proud of him but then like I told him yesterday we are proud of him no matter what.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
How fun to get off alone together and enjoy the mountains (boy do I miss mountains!). . . and congrats Mike! That is a huge accomplishment!
Congratulations Mike!!! I miss the mountains too!
So how about a little smile on this enjoyable lunch. J.k I love the pic and I am glad dad took the camera. You guys need to do that more often. or else maybe get a snow mobile so you can go year round. (or so then when I come to visit i can have great fun with it.)
Post a Comment