I just had to publish the fact that even though both Paul and I were only able to eat a small amount of Thanksgiving dinner on Thursday, we had a great weekend. One filled with family and being together. We had the four boys and their families home on Thursday, plus my sister, Tami, Calvin and Mandy came to share the holiday with us. We had a house full but that only makes it better. I want to tell my beautiful daughters how much I appreciated them for all the help they gave me because without them dinner would have been impossible. We did miss having Dad there. I guess we have our first holiday behind us now. We have so many blessings in our lives. I have become more aware of them as each day in my journal I record one blessing. My family is one of those great blessings.
Early Friday morning we headed to Cottonwood canyon to get our traiditional Christmas tree. Josh was the only one of our grandsons to go with us but he really had fun. Grandpa took our new four-wheeler with us and he was able to go for a long ride. It was a beautiful day with very little snow. If the wind hadn't been blowing it would have almost been warm. Every year I keep thinking that I'm going to give in to the ways of the world and buy a fake tree and save us the hassle of looking all over for a tree and having the kids help us get it, but as I get the live tree in and decorated, which I did myself this year, it reminds me of being together with my family. I know the time is coming when I will have to bend but I hope it holds off for a few more years.
The kids all left shortly after our adventure which left Paul and I alone but that was alright. We need to spend time together with just each other. Plus it gave us time to recover and get over the stomach flu that has lasted forever. I'm looking for to this month of December being able to spend more time with family.
1 comment:
Sandra, had to thank you for your comments on my story. Now, go back there and say "This is a vote" for me! Really, no big deal. I am glad you were touched. I took just a few "author's liberties" but most of the story was exactly that way. I thought I would die when Dad said where we were going that night. It certainly changed the way I looked at him from there on. Share it others.
Post a Comment