This morning as I logged on to check my e-mail I received the best message from another great friend, Wendy. We only go back to our 8th grade year and even with all the moves that she has gone through we have remained close. Everyone needs a friend like Wendy. I thought I would pass this one so everyone could enjoy it instead of me saving it in my files.
As latter-day Saint women, we are practically obsessed with anxiously engaging ourselves in good causes. Maybe it's subliminal. Glancing through the hymnal last Sunday I noted that as sisters in Zion, we who are called to serve are all enlisted to go marching, marching forward because the world has need of willing men to all press on scattering sunshine. We may wonder if we have done any good in the world today because we have been given much and want to do what is right, keep the commandments, press forward with the Saints, choose the right, put our shoulders to the wheel going where He wants us to go, thinking to pray each morning. However, as the morning breaks high on the mountaintop, truth reflects upon our senses, and while we still believe that sweet is the work, we also realize that we have work enough to do ere the sun goes down. And thus we ask Thee ere we part, where can we turn for peace?
It takes a minute to sink in but I love it.
I have had a few days off from work this month so far and I have loved every minute of it. I don't know if I will feel the same way when my check comes but right now I'm trying hard not to think about that. I have been able to spend a lot of time at our new computer. Paul and I purchases a new Mac. We love it and we are still learning how to run it. I am having a big problem, I can't get PAF to work on it. The church hasn't written PAF to run on Macs yet. I contacted them, their advice was to purchase a pc emulation program which I did and now I need to figure out how to load windows on the mac. If anyone out there has any suggestions please let me know. I could keep the old computer just for family history but I would have to keep it in the family room so I can use the printer. Other than this problem I love this computer. I highly recommend one to anyone who is looking at a new computer.
3 comments:
I'm jealous - I totally want a new mac, they are so cool! As for the windows programs. Tyler bought a program called VMWare Fusion and all he has to do is open it up and it opens windows on the mac and then he can run all of his windows based programs. It's really fast and works great so you might want to look into that? Good luck and I loved the hymn thing, I totally feel that way!
Please send me Wendy's address, or give her mine. Thanks for a special post just for me. Did you think of me when writing about all those wonderful songs? I love playing the hymns at church. Maybe it is my genealogy that is keeping me from making the move to a Mac. I would be lost without my PAF, even though I haven't had much time to work on it lately. Let me know how your solution to the problem works.
Here's a big "shout out" to Lori! How very nice of you to highlight her in your blog. Sandra, I'm sure I can speak for everyone and say how grateful we are to have YOU as a friend!
Post a Comment