Friday, January 2, 2009

The greatest Christmas present ever!!!!

I know this is a little bit late but at least it was just last Saturday that it happened. This past Christmas the kids all decided to stay home for Christmas. The grandkids are getting old enough that they need to spend this special morning in their homes. So this was the first Christmas Eve that Paul and I have spent alone since that very first Christmas so many years ago. It was a different feeling but we filled it with dinner at Nicholas and Danielle's and putting out the candles in the cemeteries. We did drive into Dad's back yard and I should have gone into the house to check on things but I couldn't bring myself to enter into the empty house. I have  really missed my parents this year and it was a little difficult without them. Christmas day we traveled through the snow storm to be with the kids. Isn't this what Grandparents do? Les met us at Mike and Kassy's to spend the day with us. It was great even though he had a difficult time going back to Ogden in the snow and ice.

Saturday the kids came here, except Les, Cyrena, and Chris. We had fun playing with the four grandkids and they opened up the presents that Santa had brought to Grandpa and Grandma. They even opened up the presents from Mark and Tara. The first one was a gift that was really for them, a V-Tech. This will help them have something to play while their parents are busy on the Wii. As Kyler was opening up the present to Paul and I he was a little disappointed to find a bag from Wal-Mart. Tara was acting a little strange as if something was going to break. Out fell a card. I guess I was supposed to read the card first but all I seen was the ultra-sound picture on the back of the card. YES they are expecting!!! It still doesn't seem real. They found out a day after Thanksgiving. When they were here for Thanksgiving I thought that something was going on between them. At first I thought that they were uphappy with each other, the thought did go through my mind that they were pregnant but I knew that it hadn't been five years yet and that we would still have to wait. 

Heavenly Father has decided that they have waited long enough. We don't know when to expect this little bundle of joy because she was still on the pill. They need to go to a doctor still but I'm sure that it will happen sometime this summer. Needless to say we are very excited and to think that we will have three new members to this family is the greatest feeling ever.

2 comments:

Grandma Labrum said...

I know those babies come when they are supposed to be here. Congratulations, Grandma.

Grandma Labrum said...

I don't mind you looking at all. In fact, I check you out several times a week. Get with it! More posts. I also have a facebook place.....still learning how to use it. Maybe I will find you and Kaye there. Send me anything you have!