Monday, July 20, 2009

Another Girl's Camp has come and gone

Last week Paul and I was able to enjoy the beauty of the mountains with around one hundred girls from the Huntington Utah Stake. We had a great time and after being home for a couple of days realize just how great it is to be in the mountains because of the heat we are not enjoying here at home. The weather was perfect and we didn't even get rained on. We have had a few years that this has happened, but not many. This was Paul's tenth straight year in going to girl's camp. He started going when I was first put in as a ward president. He was asked to keep going even when I was released. For the past two years as a member of the stake he has continued on with his tradition of serving and keeping us all safe. He is remarkable. Even though at times I think the priesthood of the stake take advantage of him, knowing that he is there they do not fulfill their assignments. We did have a little bit of excitement because of the mother Bear and her little cub keeping us worried at nights. I wish that I had a few pictures to post but I really didn't get the camera out. Paul did take pictures of the skit we did as the Stake presidency but there is no way I'm going to post it. We did have fun using walkers and pretending to be old. Notice I just said pretending. 

We are getting excited about Chris, Cyrena and the boys coming for a visit in just a few more days. Also we are waiting for the birth of our next grandson. So the next couple of weeks are going to be filled with great times. I will post the new picture of all the grandkids together though. There is nothing better in this life than having family all together, which we will have this weekend for the Oveson reunion. We will miss Mark and Tara but as I said they are very close to delivery. 

2 comments:

Mrs. Walker said...

I'm excited to see Cyrena too! How fun you had such a great time at Girl's Camp. I still have that picture of Cyrena, Beth, and I with our hair all in pigtails all over the place.

Toni Dee! said...

Ah girls camp . . . I miss the "real" camping. Here they do girls camp in air conditioned cabins with showers (necessary with the heat and critters, but still). It's just not the same!