Tara was scheduled to be started on Monday the 4th. They moved up her appointment and since I had just come home from Riverton on Sunday, I had to hurry to travel back to Ogden. But I guess that I really didn't need to hurry. I arrived at McKayDee hospital in plenty of time. Cyrena wanted to be there when the baby arrived so she and Emmett went with me to keep me entertained, also Les. The rest of the kids came so we could eat a Mexican dinner together. Les chose the place and since Paul couldn't get off work, he really didn't miss out on this dinner. He doesn't like Mexican food. But I really missed having him with me. As the night became later and nothing much was happening with the baby coming the kids all left for their homes. I was left alone with Mark and Tara and was able to witness the great love that they have for each other. At times I almost felt like I was intruding.
After two and a half long hours of pushing and even surprising us all with how big he is, Donavan (Van) Mark Oveson entered this world at 5:22 a.m. We kept joking that he had his hands holding on tight to the inside of his mother. He weighed in at 8 lbs. 4 oz and was 20" tall. He has short blond hair and very fair colored skin. He looks just like his daddy did when he was born.
He is doing so well as is Tara. They are getting acquainted and Mark has already changed most of the diapers. Thank goodness he has this week off to help both of them.
Now just so I'm not a complete slacker, I did have my cell phone with me and I do have pictures on it but my printer is messed up again and I can't get them transfered to the computer. I left the good camera in Cyrena's diaper bag because my purse is to small for it. Needless to say I'm looking for a new purse.
I will post pictures as soon as I can get them. He is the cutest and we are very grateful to have our ninth grandchild here with us!!!
4 comments:
Congratulations on another grandbaby!!
Oh, Congrats Grandma!!! But all this time I have thought it was a girl, what a surprise, hehe!!! Miss you guys hope to see you soon!!! Tell Mark and Tara we send our love!!!
Of COURSE I would drive up there and take some pics!!! I LOVE babies!!! Glad everything went well.
Yay for Grandma!! Glad things went well for them! Can't wait to see pics!
Post a Comment