Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Kyler's First Day of Kindergarten

Although all the other kids have begun school, Kyler had his first day of Kindergarten at Pinacle where his mother teaches sixth grade. He has been so excited for this day all summer. A few weeks after his fifth birthday he told his mom that being five was hard work. He was able to pick out his shirt, green his favorite color. They wear uniforms at Pinacle but at least they are able to chose the color they want to wear. He is in school a full day and he was so full of energy this afternoon that he had a difficult time eating his dinner. I think he needs to run a race every day after school. He did say they had seven recesses. It is hard to believe that my oldest grandson is this old but I had better get used to it because there are several coming up after him.

Josh is having a great time in pre-school. He started last week. He gets to ride the bus to school and back every day. He can even spell his name out loud now. I'm beginning to wonder why they have to grow up.

2 comments:

Mrs. Walker said...

What a handsome guy!

Kassy said...

what a silly kid. It is hard to believe he is so old, being 5 is a lot of work, I couldn't do it. We hope to see you this coming weekend. Have fun!