Monday, April 5, 2010

Happy Birthday Dad

The first thought that came to my mind this morning was, it is Dad's birthday. He would have been eighty-one today. He has been gone from this earth life for eighteen months. But he hasn't been gone from my mind. He as well as Mom have been in my thoughts, just as strong as they were when they lived here. I have been thinking a lot of all my memories of my parents and I'm going to start writing them down. My father gave so much and received so little in return. Several times while I was growing up he would work three jobs just to provide for his family and still take the time to be with us. Many times in his last remaining year he would ask me if that bothered me and I told him that he was always there for me. It was the quality not the quantity. While sitting around the campfire on Saturday my sons talked a little bit about their Grandpa and how it was at times like these that they missed him the most. They, we all still miss him so much. Every time Paul and I go camping or for a ride on his four-wheeler I can't help but think about my parents and at times even feel them with us. My parents are a great example and today I celebrate my Father's life, for I know that he lives and is still with me.

I tried to fix this picture but I couldn't. I hope that you can see a little bit. It is a picture of my Dad's family while he was growing up.
I had to post this picture because whenever you would look at Dad he would have his finger under his nose. No matter where he was, even driving.
I love you Dad!

4 comments:

Grimm Family blog said...

I miss him too. Camping just isnt the same. Thanks for making me bawl!!

mom o said...

If you click on the small picture it will make it larger. My Dad is on the far right side. He has a big smile on his face and has very blonde hair. I guess that is where I get mine from.

Grandma Labrum said...

I also have great memories of all those days at your house and how kind your dad was to us. Always smiling and laughing. Garth loved working in the Sudnay School with him when we lived in Third Ward.

Sharon said...

Seeing his pics reminded me of being in the 3rd Ward with your parents. They treated everyone so special. Such good memories I have of them and their service to our family. I can remember that no matter the time passed memories are such tender thoughts. Tears. We are so blessed to have loving Fathers. XO