Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Happy Birthday Bauer (even if it is late)

Bauer's fourth birthday was on June 3. I wanted to wait until they arrived here to post. Plus I found out that on the actual day and other days of celebrating he would say that he was still three because he wouldn't turn four until his party in Utah. The night that they arrived in Salt Lake we celebrated this special boy's birthday. We went to a splash park that is close to Mike and Kassy's home in Riverton. We were lucky enough to have the eight grandkids in attendance. Hunter was the only one missing.

Bauer is such a big boy, when he wants to be. He is so good with his little brother Emmett. He loves to play but his greatest joy is music. He told me that his Primary teachers tell him that he is the best singer in the Primary and I believe him. He loves to sing. He can calm Emmett with a song. He loved playing on my Piano and hearing Mark play the guitar while roasting marshmellows around the campfire. He was a big help to his Mom going through the airport and on the plane. One thing about his visit though, he was sick for four days of it. We worried about the rest of the kids getting sick but nothing happened. We still can't figure this one out. Thank goodness we had the party before he did get sick.

Bauer loves spiderman. He was spiderman for Halloween and when I asked him what cake he wanted, well of course, it was spiderman, with webs. It was an easy one for Grandma to make. How we love this little man. How grateful I am that they were able to visit and we were able to celebrate Bauer's fourth birthday. I miss him all ready and he hasn't even been gone twenty-four hours. Three months better go by quickly.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

How fun that he was able to have a big family celebration for his birthday and share it with all his cousins, aunts and uncles, and grandparents in Utah! (Doesn't the time go by SO quickly when we're with our grandchildren that live far away?)

September will be here before you know it!