I'm getting really good about posting after the grandkids birthdays but I want to post the pictures of their special days. Josh's fifth birthday was on June 30. He was so excited about turning five and as I talked to him that morning, it seemed to me that he had grown up over night. Usually it is hard to talk to any of the kids on the phone but that morning Josh was different. It was a great conversation. He loves telling everyone that he is now five and that he is all grown up. All he wanted for his birthday was a bike. Of course it is a "JEEP" bike. He loves Grandpa and Grandma's Jeeps. He still has a ways to go with learning how to ride but I'm sure he is going to figure it out. Thank goodness he also received a helmet because I think he is going to need it. I hope that everyone in his neighborhood looks out for him.
Josh loves to play and his favorite activity is to play with his imaginary puppies. Bolt is the main one that always goes with him. He loves to feed them and sleep with them. Because of allergy's he will never be able to have a real puppy. When I asked him what he wanted on his cake he said puppies. So this is what I came up with. He had a hard time leaving them on the cake after he put them on it. He had to make sure that each puppy had food, M&M's. Because some times he has a cat involved we also got him a cat. These animals went to bed with him the night after his party and one remained in his hand all day Saturday.We are so grateful for this special little boy. He adds so much to our lives. Every time we see him he greets us with a big hug but when we leave he begins to cry, he tries so hard not to. It rips the heart out and I pray that one of these days it will get better. We live for the visits with both him and Alex. We love you Josh.
No comments:
Post a Comment