Sunday, February 13, 2011

Happy Birthday Xander

It always amazes me how quickly the years go by. It really hasn't been two years since this sweet spirit entered into our lives. Alexander's birthday was on February 8 and we celebrated his birth yesterday. You will need to forgive the quality of the pictures because like normal I forgot to take the camera. All I had was my phone and Xander doesn't slow down enough for the phone to get a great picture.

Xander is such a joy in our lives and especially me. He runs into my arms when he first sees me and doesn't like to leave my arms for anything or anyone. He did begin to play with Grandpa this weekend, which I was very happy to see. I will share him with his Grandpa.

Xander loves to play with his older brother Josh and will do everything that Josh does. He watches him very closely. As Xander is getting older him and Josh are going to be even better friends than they are now. Xander has moved into a big boys bed and is doing very well sleeping during the night. His nap time he gets out of bed and likes to lay down next to the door so it is difficult to get into his bedroom.

Xander is beginning to talk more, I just wish that we could understand him a little bit more but it is going to come. I love listening to him pray. I know that our Father understands him perfectly. He loves to have books read to him and I love every minute that I'm with him.
When it came time to blow out his candles his Dad had to cover his mouth because Xander is a pro at blowing out candles. Thank goodness his Dad let him do this a couple of times.
For his cake we selected a car because he loves to play with cars. He will drive them all over the house. The animals are there because last year Josh received dogs on his cake and Xander loves to play with them and Josh had a hard time sharing them. Now he has his own. Paul loved the fawn and even though it is in front of the car I'm sure the car stopped in plenty of time.

I wish that the days and years would slow down so these grandchildren could stay young and innocent for a little bit longer. How we love this special little boy. Again Happy Birthday Xander!

No comments: