Monday, February 21, 2011

We made Lemonade

When life gives you lemons then make lemonade or so the saying goes. I personally don't think that getting lemons is a bad thing and especially snow is never a bad thing but I know that several people don't feel the way I do. Needless to say with the kids all home for this past weekend and wonderful snow falling, what else is there to do than to play in it. Mike and Mark's boys have gone sledding this year but Paul and I haven't been able to witness just how much fun they have had. I have yet to find a child who doesn't like to go sledding, no matter the age. We really had fun on Saturday and I felt bad that we could only be out for a little while. The snow was a very wet snow and so we were wet before we really even began. At one point the snowflakes were bigger than two inches. I tried to get a picture of them but it didn't work. Also I thought about videos but I didn't want to get the camera to wet.

Paul was excited about the snow because in December he purchased a new plow for the four-wheeler and really hadn't been able to try it out. It works great but I think that next time he won't have the grandkids helping him. They would rather plow the road than my drive-way which still looks like we didn't do anything.

Bring on the snow if it means this much fun.
Lexie pulling Van to the top of the hill.
Lexie, Xander (Alex) and Josh. Josh tried several times to get the sled to tip over. Josh loves coming to grandma's for the clean air. He hates their dirty air that makes his asthma worse. Xander's boots kept falling off so he had to leave for a few minutes to get his other shoes on. They were to big. He shared his boots with Van.
Lexie, Van, and Ashton.
Ashton loves to eat snow and doesn't care what color it is.
These two little boys, Xander and Van couldn't get enough of zipping through the snow. Van has no fear with anything and I'm afraid he is so much like his Dad at this age. His dad is concerned about him but thank goodness his mom isn't going to hold him back.

I thought I had a picture of Kyler coming down the hill face first but I can't find it. Tara paid him a dollar if he would do it. After several attempts he finally became brave enough and loved it. He is growing up way to fast.

It was a great day and surprise, surprise I even remembered the camera to capture these moments for a lifetime.

No comments: